Thursday, July 29, 2010

Blues Media in Chicago

As invitations go out to the blues community in Chicago for the 2010 Chicago Blues Beautillion on September 21st from 7pm to 9pm at Rosa's Lounge I am newly intriqued by the state of blues media in Chicago. I guess I'm wondering where it's at. Like where do blues fans go to when they want to see who's playing and what happening. I know there are some websites. And, for sure, you can check The Reader and see who's playing at main spots (Buddy Guy's, Kingston Mine, etc.). Yet as I have been discovering some of the lesser known great Chicago blues acts, like Doug McDonald, Marty Sammon and RJ Howson just to name a few, I'm thinking it would be a great idea if there were one site or magazine or paper that kept tabs on all the clubs in Chicago that are offering blues and who's playing at them. I'd like to see a smart write-up on the people who are keeping the industry alive. I'll definitely be looking into it over the coming weeks, but as always, would love to be pointed in the directions by you guys. So, tell me what sites and periodicals you turn to for updates.

No comments:

Post a Comment